Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Beautiful

It is so beautiful outside, with the snow stuck to the trees, and a white crispness in the air. However it is already starting to melt and turn slushy, so that's not a lot of fun. I wanted to stay in bed for a bit longer this morning, which I did, but I got motivated and came to work. I almost got sucked into an episode of Maury Povich - I wanted to know who the Baby Daddy is, but I left instead. I don't need to get another bad habit! hehehe

Last night my PC finally decided to die. There were a few different viruses on it that I couldn't remove, which just chomped at the speed in which it moved, so I had to setup my new laptop last night. It was the craziest thing, the computer would turn on, but it wouldn't send a signal to the monitor. I checked all the wiring, unplugged everything and put it back together, but it wouldn't work. Luckily I had backed everything up awhile ago... I just need to go to Picasa and pull down my pictures and save them to my external hard drive.

This is why Murphy's Law follows me around... a perfect example. So my PC was working fine on Monday night, I was online chatting with my boyfriend and his brother via facebook, playing scrabble, and just surfing the internet when I should have been working on the brochure for the Bermuda trip. Normally I would do it at work (the brochure), but my teammates want me to use Publisher (well, one is pushing for it since she knows that program) and since I'm using the loaner laptop at work, it doesn't have publisher on it. My PC had publisher on it, thus why I was on it Monday night. But I told the team I would have it to them late Tuesday night, because I figured I'd come straight home from work on Tuesday and work on it. I thought I had plenty of time! I came home, walked a 15 minute mile, then decided to get motivated on the brochure. My PC wouldn't boot up. After that went on for awhile, I decided to switch out my PC for my new laptop and router that I haven't installed yet. I figured that would take me 2-shakes of a tail feather, I would just need to install Office, and be done. Well.... this version of Office didn't have publisher... and I was trying to get online to contact my team to tell them the brochure was going to be late, but I couldn't get my router installed, nor would the direct connection to the laptop with the network cable from the modem work either. I had to call comcast, talked to two people there, and they finally had me call Netgear for direction... he told me the settings I needed to use, because the install CD wouldn't work because I have Windows 7 and the install CD was not configured to use it. Meanwhile, I wanted to have all of this done for 8pm, because the show I've been waiting for all summer and winter, LOST, was coming back on for the final season. Needless to say, I missed the first episode (it was just a re-run), only caught the tail-end of the second brand-new one that came after it, and was finally able to sit down and watch the third episode that came on. This is why I try not to test fate and I live by the law all the time, because my luck isn't that good. I always make the best of it, and its a learning experience, but things like that always happen to me. LOL!

No comments: