Friday, February 5, 2010

Blizzard Coming

So, I'm at work this morning. Actually I was at work until almost 8pm last night, which caused me to miss yoga class. I really wanted to take yoga before I left for Bermuda, but it looks like its not going to happen.

When my boss wants something done right, she wants it done now. She gets totally energized by being the only people in the building, working on a last minute project. Me... not so much. I marched back to my desk, leaving the meeting early, and fixed everything I was supposed to fix, and marched it right back into them. Jim, the consultant, has a meeting with the VP today at 11:30am, and she wants to make sure he has all the information. It makes no sense... the 3 of us have to explain it to her, she explains it to Jim, and then Jim explains it to Joy. Why can't we just meet with Joy - it will be easier and make more sense coming from us. But no, we have to spend time in 6 hour meetings making sure they understand it enough in order to explain it to someone else. And they usually get it wrong... but since that's what they told Joy, we have to re-design to match what they told her. And they call our department Organizational Effectiveness? Ummm... yeah. The irony rarely escapes me.

Hopefully we can leave after our meeting this morning... we aren't essential employees... there aren't "training or organizational" emergencies. Or emergency coaching sessions that we do. I'm salary, technically I worked my hour, so I can roll out and get paid for the entire day... but that's bad form.

I just can't wait until I am in Bermuda and away from all of this for awhile. I'll be working all weekend to finish my section of the training, it needs to be done by Monday, because I'm out for 2 weeks, and the training is due March 1. I really don't care at this point... perfection is an illusion, but they haven't learned that yet.

No comments: