Thursday, February 4, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

I learned that I need to bitch about something before I can actually do it. From that perspective, you would think I'm a "J," as "Js" are adverse to last minute changes in plans, but that isn't so. I just need to think it through out loud before I can start working on it.

So I have to get everything ready for my trip on Tuesday to Bermuda. I have some clothes picked out, but I have to pack my business suits too... I'm wondering how many suitcases I need to take. I'm there for 12 days, and I need 6 business suits and 6 business casual outfits, plus play clothes. There is an iron and such in the room, or at least I think there is, I have to check that too. I also have to bring some text books, materials for meeting with clients, and money. Plus all of my bath stuff.... I need to go to the bank too and get more money.

This 2-4 feet of snow they are calling for is putting a damper on my weekend, because instead of being out and doing some last minute errands, I'll be stuck in the house. I dug my suitcases out of the back shed last night, so its just a matter of seeing if everything can go into one, or not. If not, I'm taking 2 huge suitcases. I hate bringing 2 large suitcases, because I get the eyeroll of "women travelers" and it looks really extra bad when other women in my cohort can get away with just 1 suitcase. My mom is pushing for two, because she doesn't want them to be overweight, which is a good point, but I may end up taking one really big one, and one smaller one. who knows!

I also have to get all of my training design for two modules done by Monday. But I won't know the final version of what that should look like until 6pm tonight. Thank God I have yoga tonight to relax me. But I'm probably going to be working on that all day tomorrow and then again on Monday. Maybe over the weekend too if I need that extra time. I just keep getting interrupted at work to check in with other people and give them my feedback on their work.

Then I have a conference call with my teammates to review what we should be reading this weekend before the trip, and going over the brochure I designed for us. I have to make those last minute changes and then get it printed on good paper at Kinkos. We need 12 copies. I might have to delegate that to someone else... hehe

And on top of all of this, I really wanted to spend the weekend in NJ with John, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to if we get 2-4 feet of snow! I won't see him for 3 weeks, which kinda sucks, but then again, we keep in touch via email while I'm out of the country. Hopefully my flight isn't cancelled on Tuesday because of the weather.... that would just OVERLY SUCK.

Okay.. enough hashing it out.... onward to work!

No comments: