Thursday, May 20, 2010

Looking for Something

I seem to be looking for something that will take my stress away. I would not normally call it stress, or rather if that is the right term to use... as what I am feeling is a weight upon my shoulders. A weight that looms over me and sucks my energy because I have to be constantly "on" and on top of things. Lori, at the team meeting yesterday, said that all of this structure makes her crazy - the idea that we have to plan out our vacations two years in advance because the schedule is so tight for the next 24 months that we can't deviate. Also, its a hassle to change things. Her example was that she can't go to NJ for Father's Day, because she has to be in the hotel room in DC getting ready for a 7am start in DC. I have to agree with her. When fun things come up on the weekend, I have to actually check to see what I'm doing on Monday, so I know where I have to be, and if I have to have a really early morning. I also can't easily go out at night and stay late, just because of the fact that some of my days have been starting before 5am. One would argue and say, "That's dumb, I go to work at 4am every morning..." Yes, that is true, but you aren't at work until 6pm at night. Working through lunch, and breaks, and constantly having to be on my toes leading 20 adults in learning - is taking a toll on my body.

So I'm looking for something to relax me. Some sort of healing art therapy to help me let go, and not feel the weight on my shoulders. I don't know if that exists. But I do know that I will see my boyfriend this weekend, so that is a start! :)

No comments: