Wednesday, January 21, 2009

horoscope i am not

So, I'm just about as good as predicting the future as my horoscope is. I did not go to the gym last night; instead I watched the parade coverage and the Balls on CNN. I don't know, I like formality and ceremony and the idea of tradition that carries on. I'm someone who believes in roots and honoring them. I am always open to change and a new way, but something about tradition appeals to me.

I taught the Resume Writing and Interviewing class this morning for the IS department. That went well, but I don't think we are really helping them. Okay, that's an extreme. I am helping them, but they don't even know what job they are applying for in the new company, as the company hasn't written the JDs yet. I found out after the fact that they are going into these interviews and are expected to just explain what they do all day, and the company will figure out if they need someone who does that. That's not a real interview. I can't help but think that they aren't really getting the good end of the stick with this deal. It's a "good faith" effort, but not something that's going to be very helpful.

I went out to lunch with my coworker today and we caught each other up on our drama from the dating world. We are having similar experiences and it is good to know that we aren't alone. I think our personality type (we are both ENFPs) plays in to how we behave and our need to be inclusive. Which makes us openly available and accommodating - that doesn't help the situation. Nor is it helping our sex lives.

I'm trying to decide what I want to do the rest of my afternoon. I can work on something work-related and bust my ass to make it better. Or I can do my homework assignment. I think it will be a better use of my time to work on my homework, as I can work on the other thing tomorrow.

No comments: