Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Interesting habits I have...

The "Good to Great" course yesterday went over well. I think they will appreciate the second session after they take their department inventory and get to write action plans on the areas they see for improvement. That's the good thing about having classes with time in between, we can give them practical homework and check back to see how it's going.

We had a snow/ice storm come through here last night, which delayed me getting to work this morning... which I have to say I didn't mind at all. I stayed in bed to around 8:30am, then piddled around before getting to work around 10:30am. We seem to have a new truck plowing our community, which did a better job this morning.

Today I'm focusing on our website and updating that. Hopefully when we hire the new person I can turf this over to them... as I enjoy it, but it's not something I want to do always and forever. We'll see what happens when the new person comes on board.

I'm taking a mental holiday from school work until after this weekend. I've been trying to finish Ryan's Christmas present, and I'm almost there. Too bad my school books don't come on tape... as I can do both at once. I always find myself constantly prioritizing everything I'm working on. But if I'm not doing that, then I'm bored. That's when I start looking for other projects to do, or social things to do, so I can prioritize. It's not really the prioritization that keeps me jazzed, it's that ability to have multiple choices of something to work on... that's a personality trait thing from MBTI. Interesting habits I have...

No comments: