Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2009, the year of change!

A lot has happened since Dec 30th, so let me catch up with the details.

New Years Eve - I spent at my friend Ryan's house, becoming addicted to the Wii. I got to ride a cow - and I loved it. I now want a Wii, as my Mii is just too much fun to not play with. She actually looks like me! I got to sleep in the living room listening to one of my bowling teammates drunkenly snore all evening, which was funny in a not funny way. But it was a good laugh when it was all over! LOL

The next few days - I spent them on the couch, resting, as I had taken vacation days from Dec 30 - Jan 6. I slept in, watched a lot of the history/discovery channel and just vegged. I also got addicted to The Dog Whisperer - please be aware, I'm using my Cesare Millan skills of the "shush with a claw" on unsuspecting humans. It seems to be working... LOL.

Saturday night - a friend of mine actually came back into town, and I wasn't expecting him so soon. We went out drinking and found a great little place in Hampden that had blues music. I'm still convinced that two of the "women" were men, but the vote is still out. He then held me down and made me eat ice cream (that's my version of the story, and I'm sticking to it) which is not helping my diet. I'm so happy he'll be here for two months!

Sunday to Tuesday - another friend came in to town from New Orleans for a visit for a few days. We went bowling Sunday night - I think we played 5-6 games, and my arm was so tired. Again, I seem to do as well left handed as I do right handed - that is just odd. Then there was lots of vegging on the couch, and then a yummy dinner at the Lebanese Taverna downtown. He flew out yesterday and after one small delay made it home safely.

I like to kid that St. Anne sent me a 2 for 1 deal - but she seems to be working. I don't want to be one of those women who blogs about the men in her life, because that is just rude... so I'm staying vague intentionally. But it's awesome to have new friends!!

No comments: