Monday, January 26, 2009

rambling on a monday night

I really think the full moon continued over the weekend. A random cousin called me for family history information, a friend ended up in the ER about 2 times, another friend got engaged, I had a weird dream about an ex who got drunk in a KFC (it's a bar hybrid in my dream) and then proceeded to take a pooh in the parking lot while skipping (I have no idea where that came from, it was a dream), had a conversation with someone that will likely be forgotten, and learned a heck of a lot at school. I don't think I left anything out...

Today I did the Employee Survey Train-the-train workshop and I hated every minute of it. I don't like nor completely understand the subject and in mid-teach I found out that they didn't know as much about the subject as I thought they did. Basically I was reviewing what the real training session will contain, and I got a lot of blank looks. It goes back to knowing your audience, but again, I have to rely on the information I was given. Luckily I seemed to be able to pull them through it... I kept reminding them its only a 2 hour training.

Once I got back to the office I finished helping my coworker with the "Good to Great" workshop we are doing tomorrow. I wrote the participant guide for it, and it looks damn good if I say so myself. But, there's a huge threat of snow, so I don't even know if we'll have the session in the morning. I have to be up at the butt crack of dawn again in order to be at HH at 8am. Then I have a meeting in Columbia at 2pm, and another meeting back at the office at 4pm.

My last 3 weeks have been this crazy, with me in high producing mode and the work continuing to pile on top of me. However, my world looks lighter (not holding my breath) in the sense of having to develop new work over the next few weeks. I will be training managers most days on how to set goals and write action plans, but at least it won't be designing from scratch.

Valentine's Day is coming up... I know, it's a hallmark holiday. I know, it's over rated. I know, it's so commercialized and love should be spread every day, not one centralized day. (These are all comments I've heard from men regarding this day.) However, I love it. What can I say, I'm an NF in MBTI - I just want to be physically close to people and share my love with them. It's like a whole holiday written with me in mind. I just need to find someone who respects me enough, and actually has my interests at heart instead of their rigid views and will enjoy the day with me.

I'm still thinking about class this weekend. Actually, I was telling me coworker about it who happens to know my instructor at a professional level. I mentioned that somehow I found a kinship with him, and he kept checking in with me about his behavior all weekend. She said that I bring that out in people. Then she started giving me some examples, and she had a valid factual opinion. Apparently people feel like they can vulnerable with me and share their insecurities, and they actually seek me out to do it. I never thought of that before, so it just gives me one more thing to ponder.

Speaking of MBTI, I've been browsing through "16 Ways to Love Your Lover" and it really gives some insight in how to handle relationships with someone who is the opposite type. The book explains where the confusion comes in, as it's almost as both types are speaking separate languages. Very fasinating stuff, and the it's good to be aware of it so I can work on my own stuff. "Better Self-Management through Self-Awareness." That's something I like to keep in mind...

No comments: