Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I lost more weight!

We decided to officially start the biggest loser contest at work again this morning, after missing the last few weeks. I was completely surprised when I weighed-in this morning, as my assumption was that I gained some of the weight back from my last big win of the contest. I WAS WRONG! I actually lost about 5 more lbs since that time.

So, to date, using my original starting weight, I have lost 20lbs. WOOOO HOOO! We are doing the contest for 12 weeks, and I hope to lose 11lbs during that time frame. I think that is a reasonable goal and it will put me in a good place to start the next contest. I'm so excited!!!

This past weekend was another blast of fun that I had with my friend. I really really like spending time with him! I got to meet his roommate's wife, Pattie, who was in town for a long weekend. She was slightly older than I thought she was going to be, and much older than the roommate. However, she was Georgia sweet, and this was her first time this far north. We were all going to go bowling but the married couple backed-out (I think for some much needed alone time) and my friend and I went. I haven't been duckpin bowling in years, so we found a place over on the Southwest side to bowl. It was old school - we had to calculate our own score and press the buttons ourselves. I got back in the groove and by the 4th game I was scoring around a 117! Being from Texas, my friend also taught me how to Texas Two-step.... I've been wanting to learn that for years!

We got up early on Saturday and I drove over to pick them up to go to Ft. McHenry. The roommate and wife had never been, so we spent the day enjoying the beautiful weather outside. We stopped in Little Italy for a late lunch at Amicci's and then on to Vaccaro's for some yummies before heading back to the house. My friend and I had plans for later that night, so we all vegged and took naps for the afternoon before getting ready.

My friend Joel invited us out to the Pinups for Pitbulls fundraiser - which was AWESOME! I have so many new ideas for lingerie! I want to go shopping. It was interesting as one of the girls I knew from high school was in the show. But it was all very classy and well done. After the show we headed to Fells, before finishing the night back at my friend's with another drink. I drove Joel home, and then managed to get some sleep in my bed before getting up early for church and to teach Confirmation.

Monday was busy, as I taught two classes back to back, and the rest of my week is going to be like that. I'm already planning and thinking about fun things I want to do this coming weekend, and I'm pretty much open to all sorts of ideas.

Then there's always Valentine's Day..... hmmm....

No comments: