Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I will get better!

My nose will get better, my nose will get better. I'm apparently developing a cold for the last few days, but I am persistent in my goal that it will get better. I was doing so well, but I got triangle-d with my friend and my mother both having a cold. Ironically, during my facilitation session today, my co-facilitator told me that no one could ever tell I was under the weather, except for a little bit of a deeper pitch to my voice. I hide it well in front of the audience. I guess I'll take that as a compliment as I have another training session to work through tomorrow. This one involves the ever fun drive to White Oak!

I randomly text messaged my friend Brian in New Orleans and asked him to be my long distance valentine. He agreed, as he's really a sweet man. Fortunately for him the title doesn't involve any extra work, its a "in name only" thing - as when we are single we look out for each other.

However, it looks like I'll be spending my Valentine's day with some sailors (literally) at another Burlesque show. I actually enjoy the show, as it gives me some ideas on lingerie. I think I mentioned that before, which is another item I need to google while thinking about it. My three drawers of underwear is not enough, I need more. And now that I'm losing more weight, I want new things!

Alright, off to bed for me... I have to finish my reading for school over the next week, and I'm working on a project with April. We have to use the metaphor of "organization as a machine" and compare/contrast how our cohort fits into that metaphor. I took a kick jab at designing the handout today, and April is going to add her pieces to it. And, for my final paper, I've already started creating my diagnosis method for organizations. I need to lay it out in a cool graphic, but it's all penciled in for now.

No comments: