Thursday, November 6, 2008

Class tomorrow!

I have one more thing to get through this afternoon - I'm facilitating an action planning session in financial services - and then I'm free to get ready for my second class tomorrow.

This class is called The Individual and the Organization. It's about all the stuff we carry around inside of us, and how that impacts our effect on an organization or group of people. The readings for this class have been really interesting, as I'm learning more about Freud, Jung, and Ellis... as well as how to become more self-aware physically, mentally, and spiritually.

I do believe that I'm in sharp contact with my mental and spiritual self, it's my physical self that I don't pay attention to. It's interesting to me, as on my MBTI, I'm labeled a "feeler", but I don't really pay attention to my own feelings or what is physically happening inside of me during the day. I block all of that down and rationalize it with my mind.

According to what I read about Ellis, I seem to have a very healthy attitude. I don't let the data that I receive get me down, or create an "awful generalization" out of it. My thoughts tend to process it into a positive, which helps me redirect my feelings about a subject from negative to positive as well. The mind is a powerful thing... but I'm looking forward to learning more about my "core of rot!"

No comments: