Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock the Vote!

I went this morning to vote, and there wasn't a long line, and the flow of traffic was great. They had about 12 machines open, and everyone was in and out very quickly.

Everyone keeps saying how this is going to be a landmark election, and I think I have to agree. I always think of voting as choosing the lesser of 2 evils, but I want to see what happens to the American people. I think there will be a huge uproar if Obama doesn't get in, and I think there will be a huge uproar if Palin gets in as VP. She's a flake. That's my political rant - again, I'm not one to talk politics.

Last night we had a bowling meeting with our old team, and out of the kindness of their heart, they gave each team money. Based on our standings, we got $28 a person. That at least pays for my missing sanction money. AMF still claims that they are not at fault, which I think is a bunch of huey. Someone asked what they were doing going forward to make sure that this doesn't happen again, and they really couldn't give a good answer. They said it was up to each league to vote in their President and Vice President, and choose what they want to do with the money - if the Bowling Alley keeps it, or if the officers keep it. I would think that the national bowling association would step in, and re-write the rule, saying that the money has to stay at the bowling alley, that all leagues need to be ran by the bowling alley so they have authorization on who gives out the money, and not leave it up to the officers. This is a rarity, but obviously there are flaws in the system if this is allowed to continue to happen!

I went bowling at my regular league afterwards and I had the best game ever - 171! WOOOO HOOOO! I need to keep that up! I think it's because I didn't go home after work. I went directly to the first bowling alley, then to the 2nd. When I go home I get tired. I was also fluffing my Aurora, keeping positive vibes around me. It worked!

No comments: