Sunday, November 23, 2008

ripple affect...

I don't know what it is about me, but I had two interesting scenarios while in New York yesterday that rival my story from the watering hole I posted earlier.

I always seem to leave a positive lasting impression on complete strangers, and I really don't know what it is about me that does it.

Yesterday, I was walking down Mulberry Street in Little Italy with my family while visiting NYC. Around lunch time, they had reps from each Italian restaurant outside, trying to sweet talk people into dining at their restaurant. This one saw me crossing the street, and started waving his arms and dancing. I laughed and he hugged me like he knew me forever. We joked around for a few minutes, I introduced my family to him, he told me he loved my smile and I made his day. We actually kept walking soon after, and came back to have lunch there. And I noticed, while inside, he didn't laugh/dance/or joke with anyone else. I was glad I was able to brighten his day for a few minutes.

Later yesterday, we went into the the Info Center at Times Square. Before I could even get in the door, the lady who takes pictures with interesting backdrops wanted me to pose for her for free. She told me that with a smile like mine, I should be on a billboard. I joked and told her that the idea is not to frighten the New Yorkers each day with my face! She said, "No, I'm being serious! You are too cute all bundled up, and it would be a great change around here with that smile!"

It just goes to show, the old smiling face and a twinkle in the eye is still noticeable, even after the world has become very jaded.

No comments: