Thursday, December 4, 2008

Amazing Story of Fate

I often talk about my cousins Stacy and Wendy, both in their 40s, and both the daughters of my uncle. However, I don't talk about their older brother, Jerry, who died before I was born. My aunt and uncle moved to a house off of Eastern Ave that they had built in Chase. Their property backed up to the train tracks. Not long after moving in, my cousin Jerry and his friends were playing on the train tracks when the accident happened. He was killed instantly, and I can say that my uncle really hasn't been the same since.

Anyway...

His sister Wendy has been on CraigsList constantly looking for anyone who may have had yearbook pictures with Jerry in them the year he died, or in middle school. For some reason our family does not have them.

One man responded to her, and said that all of his year books were destroyed in a flood at his parents house, but they were able to salvage a few pages. One page they were able to save actually had Jerry's yearbook picture on it! The man scanned it and sent it to Wendy to share with the family.

I guess everyone is so interested recently, as Wendy's son, who is now Jerry's age, looks just like him. Wendy's son, Cody, is one of the only boys in the family (even in the extended family) so it's nice to have pictures of the ones who are gone.

No comments: