Monday, December 1, 2008

no stinkin' thinkin' here

I'm waiting to go into my director's office, as another coworker snuck in ahead of me. My meeting is supposed to be at 11am, and it's almost 15mins after... oh well!

I was all set to go to bed around 11pm last night, when I started updating my computer. My windows update mentioned it was time to install them. My computer rebooted, and the next thing I know I have something called Windows Genuine on the task bar and it's telling me that my version of Windows is not valid. I did some research, and apparently if I don't make it valid within 30 days, it will start to deconstruct. GREAT!

Reviewing the details, when my Ex created the computer for me, he must have used a copy of Windows XP from his office. Which makes me not legit, and in order to convert my copy, I either had to change some .dll files or buy the legit version. I was set to start changing the files, but my conscious and my rusty computer skills got the best of me and I went legit. They got my money. Being in grad school is not the best time to be without a computer this month - I have lots of papers to write! Oh well, at least I did the right thing.

I got an email from an awesome friend who has some vacation time and will be up to visit me around Christmas! YAY!! I'm so excited he's coming! I'm already planning all the adventures we can go on! It will so great to see him again! :) I've spent a few New Years with him a couple years ago, and hopefully he'll be able to spend New Years with me and my friends! Yay!!!

I've also been reading The Courage to be Yourself by Sue Patton Thoele. A coworker recommended the book to me, as I fit into some of the roles that women portray. Mainly the nurturer (who wants to take care of anyone, despite themselves) or Xena Warrior Princess (who walks around acting like she doesn't need anyone, as she learned to rely on herself). It'll be interesting to see what the book recommends, but really it call comes down to self-awareness. Just knowing about the tendencies helps them. I've started putting myself out there more, and being more open, we'll see what happens! hehe

No comments: