Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I'm heading downtown tonight to see the Celtic Women in concert at the Hippodrome. I've only seen them perform on MPT, and was moved to pledge a few months ago to see them in concert. Both nights are completely sold out, and it should be an awesome show! I can't wait!

Instead of bowling last night, I actually made an appearance at my church's Parish Council meeting. I've been trying to get off the council for the last few months, but my priest and associate pastor won't let me. I guess it helps their case that I'm friends with them, and my priest is my swing dance partner at all the church functions... so they feel that they have the right to boss me around. They are actually very gracious about it, as they know I'm busy in school, and they would rather have me 1/2 the time then not at all, or so they said. Fr. has also been giving me dirty looks over the weight I've lost. I keep offering to take him to the gym with me, but he won't go... then he tells me how all the stress is causing him to want to go to Five Guy's and have 2 cheeseburgers, and 2 chili cheese dogs. OMG. See, this is one more reason of why I don't understand why I'm obese. I have never in my life been able to eat that much in one sitting. I would be sick after getting through maybe a 1/4 of the second burger. I've been watching some of the diet tv shows, especially this one nutritionist in England. She has her client do a food journal for a few weeks, and then shows them on their kitchen table all of the food laid out for the entire week that they have eaten. It's gross! I don't eat that way! I've never been an over eater... even when I was younger. I think that's why the weight is hard for me to lose - most people can just stop eating junk food and exercise... well, I'm not eating junk food.

When I talk about my emotional eating, I'm talking about one incident that happened during the day, so I walk by my coworkers desk and have one of her chocolate nuggets. I'm not talking about going to a fast food restaurant and getting a whole meal... as other emotional eaters proclaim, even after eating a full meal not too longer prior.

Here's a sample menu for the day:
Breakfast - Special K cereal with skim milk, small glass of OJ and a banana.
Snack - Special K bar, or a piece of fruit.
Lunch - Lean cuisine, a piece of fruit.
Dinner - Usually a lean meat, 2 veggies (or salad), and a starch.

I drink water all day, and diet tea with dinner. I've calculated everything I've put in my mouth on a food journal, and I don't sneak. My "skinny" friends can continuously out-eat me.

But - I'm trying! I've lost 21lbs since I started, and I'm on the road to more!

No comments: