Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW!

I was so excited to wake up to a winter wonderland this morning - but I always then have to play the "should I go to work?" song and dance. I liked it better when the school system would decide my fate, opposed to me making a judgement call. I think the issue is that I live only 7 mins from my office, so it's bad form if the rest of the group (that each live from 30mins - hour away) makes it in, and I don't.

The drive in was snow-bound, and the roads weren't that great, but I made it in to pick up my papers for my 10am meeting over at the CBO. The parking lots are not fun - but I texted some pictures to my friend in New Orleans so he could see the ridiculousness of the whole thing! But it really is beautiful.

I crocheted another scarf this weekend. I've had the yarn for awhile and located a pattern in a magazine that I wanted. I'm a much faster crocheter than I am a knitter. I was using a larger gauge, but I finished the entire thing in 2 nights - it's beautiful! I used two different shades of grey and one of pink to make it, and it alternates colors. I took pictures of it and me wearing it this morning getting ready to go out in the snow - and I look cute. If I do say so myself! Maybe I can become a winter wear fashion model if the OD thing doesn't work out. Pictures are coming soon of both scarfs!

I haven't started my paper yet. It's been in my head, but nothing has come out. I plan on working on it for a bit this afternoon at work, as I don't have anything pressing right now. Hopefully I'll get a bunch done!

My meeting at the CBO went better than I thought. I was delivering some really bad news about one team's management style, based on interviews that I did with the team. They took it well, but I was also told that I have a pretty good style when it comes to that... we'll see!

No comments: