Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yoga Class

So after talking about it forever, I finally started my first ever yoga class last Thursday. Actually, it was very helpful in relaxing me prior to attending the drama of the funeral last week.

I am taking the Beginner Series, which is five classes of instruction before attending a "real" beginners class. It's AWESOME! We did standing poses this past Thursday, which I learned the warrior sequence and a few other ones that go with it. Then we did a 20 minute meditation at the end - I haven't felt this relaxed in FOREVER! My face was actually relaxed, I could feel it. The last time I felt that way was a few years ago when I had Raindrop Therapy at the Spa. Our class is right after the heated yoga one, which means the room is nice and warm - makes Amy very flexible!

This week will be focused on poses that bend the back. Yeah.. we'll see how that goes! hehe

No comments: