Friday, April 10, 2009

Awarded Bunny Ears

I got a customer compliment on the website that I designed a while back, and because of things like that my boss likes to give us little gifts. She brought in a set of white and pink bunny ears as my gift. It's cute, it's funny, and well, apparently "its me" - whatever that means. As a good sport I wore them all through our staff meeting, and as I sit here and write this blog entry, I'm wearing them still. My coworkers are loving it.

Glenda (a co-worker) calls me the queen of understatement. I say something in 4 concise, on target words that other's say in 20, and I sit here quietly wearing bunny ears - the irony never escapes her. That was her feedback, and I thought it was kinda nice. She gets me.

I did the first session of the awareness training yesterday afternoon for the compliance issue, and it went really well. Everyone was engaged and energized, and had a great time. I have another one today at 2pm, which means that I get to leave at 3pm - WOOT! Although it is a sad day for me, as it is Good Friday. I don't think people ever notice, but the sky actually gets dark and stormy between 12-3pm on Good Friday. Maybe it's just where-ever I am, for me to see it, but it's happened consistently for years. Today they are calling for rain again during that time, and I don't think it's just a fluke. It's happened far too often for it to be. But that's why I'm a woman of faith and belief.

Last night at yoga we did a search for "being." We let go, during meditation, of the body, the energy, the mind, the witness, and tried to find what was left - the self at the center. I think I had about a second of enlightenment before the witness started noticing the stiffness in my arms, but it was interesting. My homework is to pick a time and meditate for how long I can during that time all week. We do a full practice this coming Thursday, which should be great to put it all together.

Next Friday I leave for Maine! WOOO HOOO!!!

No comments: