Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 3 Updates

So I noticed that when I update via email, it doesn't put the paragraph breaks in, which is kinda annoying. I'll have to work on that, or leave that for limited updates.

Today was stressful as part of the activity was identifying a defining moment in our lives before the age of 18. Then answer the question of what value did that bring to us. Mine was about the day my father left. I cried, as we had the tell the story from the perspective as if we were that age and still in that moment. Everyone was emotionally wrung after that experience.

I've been keeping a written journal that I capture during class, which just isn't the same as being able to type everything for me. But it's good keeping grounded. Emotions have a habit of bubbling inside of me, and I ignore them or rationalize them. Sometimes I think I've done my "work" so well, as not to get bothered anymore.

I keep waking up early, as I think I'm going to miss the alarm clock. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep fully tonight, but I just want to get up early in order to take my shower. I like being able to take a shower first thing in the morning - as it wakes me up. The night before thing doesn't work for me.

I'm sitting in the basement of the house alone, and it's amazing that with 19 women in the house I can still find space to do this. This house is truly HUGE.

I think I'm going to turn in early, or do some yoga. I haven't decided which yet.

No comments: