Thursday, April 2, 2009

work-life balance!

Tuesday night I went to the gym and did 35 minutes on the elliptical. I was feeling really open and relaxed in my muscles, so I decided it would be a great time to do some of my yoga practice. I was amazed at the stretches and bends I was able to get into with my muscles completely warmed up. Then I felt like a wet noodle all day yesterday and no other word to describe my body except for 'used'. But I think it was helpful to work the kinks out. I'm looking forward to tonight's class, as it involves forward bends.

Yesterday was interesting. I had to be at the Columbia Sheraton at 7:30am for a retreat I was observing for my client. I woke up and remembered that I had left something at my office that I needed, and just thought I would stop by work to pick it up. As I made the turn into my parking lot, I saw a man walking along Middle River Road and make the walk up the driveway into the parking lot. I parked in the first spot by the door, ran to my desk, and picked up what I needed. I was about to go through the outer door (which is key swipe entry) when I noticed that he was standing on the curb, looking into the building by my car. It was around 6:30am, still dark outside, and the glow from the security lights on the building illuminated him. I didn't leave the building. Fortunately someone from another department was in that early, and I asked her to walk me out to the door, just because I was afraid! She did, and the guy had walked on and was farther up the side of the building walking. IT FREAKED ME OUT! I am going to go with the benefit of the doubt, and think that he was just curious about why someone would be there so early and what type of building it was, and that he did not have devious things in mind. But who knows what kind of fools are in the world!

I took it easy on my workout last night, but am really looking forward to my yoga class tonight. This has been a very busy week, with most of my time spent in the car driving to meetings. I had a productive one this morning with Finance, so I think everything is moving in the right direction.

I've also been reading the 4 books for my class that is coming up in April. I can't wait for my week away in Maine! WOOO HOOO! I will the confirmation of my class during that week, but at least the director of the program will be with them, and I'll get to see the pictures. But sometimes I just can't do everything. Work-life balance, work-life balance!

No comments: