Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sleepy Bad Mood

So, rarely am I in a bad mood, as I normally have enough patience to withstand even the toughest situation. However, last night, someone was standing on my last nerve, and I was too tired to deal with it. I didn't argue or get loud, I shut down. And I ate a candy bar in hopes of it waking me up (thus the sleepiness), and keeping my mouth shut so I wouldn't explode.

I was annoyed because I feel like I have been having the same conversation with this person for 6 weeks. We tell her the same exact thing every time we see her (literally), she gives us more details or a different scenario of the same exact problem and she's a victim of her own mentality. She won't take our advice, yet she asks for it. I don't have patience for that. Maybe, a long time ago, I would have fed into her drama and played "What if?" and "let's over think this," but I don't do that any more. I've out grown it. I don't like wasting my energy making assumptions about things. And we point it out, and she doesn't see it.

Use your words. My brain is telling me to let it go and just ignore it - but I can't. It's constantly in my face. I would give her feedback on it, but she's not in a place to hear it. Yes, I'm personable and understanding enough to feel sorry for her, because she can't help it and doesn't know any better. And "Good Amy" will do what she's supposed to do and not take it out on her, as it's something that she can't help. But I am just tired of having the same conversation, in circles, with her every time I see her. TAG! - It's someone else's turn.

No comments: