Monday, April 13, 2009

Awesome Weekend

My 3rd class with my client on Friday went well, and I was out the door and on the way back home by 3pm. After getting home early, I headed to the gym to do an extensive workout. With the way my last week was, I had something going on every night and couldn't get to the gym at all - my body needed it. After returning home and showering, I headed out to Good Friday services with my Mom at church. I talked her into being adventurous, and we went to a cute little Greek cafe I found at Honeygo. Spanikopita and this baked cheese thing are yummy!

I got up early Saturday to run a few errands, mainly to pick up a birthday gift for my friend Heather's surprise party later that evening. Then I took my Mom to the Melting Pot for an early dinner for her birthday. Her birthday was on this past Tuesday, and I normally take her somewhere nice for her birthday. IT WAS AMAZING! We were there when the place opened at 4pm, and had it to ourselves for a bit before it began to get crowded. We did the 4 course "Big Night Out!," ending with a Chocolate Tiramasu for dessert. The Melting Pot is now on her list, and she wants to go back often! Yay, I have a convert! hehe

Saturday night was Heather's surprise party, and we really managed to surprise her. It was about a week early, so she wasn't expecting it at all. I love surprises - and it's fun to hang out and relax with friends. I'll be posting the pictures soon from that.

Instead of going to Easter Vigil Mass on Saturday, I ended up going to Easter Sunday Mass at church. Luckily we got there really early and got a seat. The place was packed - with folks even sitting out in the Gathering Space of church and the church doors open. Father was in rare form, doing his stand-up routine, and as usual he was a hit. He reminded everyone that was visiting that he does 3 shows a weekend, and he expects all of them to be there at least once! hehe My little cousins sat with us, and CJ was wearing a little necktie - 3 year olds in neckties are adorable. His mom was telling me that he did an Easter Egg Hunt through the house earlier that morning, and every time he found something would say, "Look what Santa brought me!" She kept having to explain that it's the Easter Bunny, not Santa. LOL!

After Mass, Mom and I had a great breakfast at the Williamsburg Inn. They have an awesome breakfast on Sundays. On one side is the buffet, but we go to the other side for sit-down service. They have the best breakfast in town. The Plantation Breakfast - juice, coffee/tea, choice of omelets or pancakes or french toast, breakfast meats, all for $6.50! lol Great food for a great deal!

I headed home to finish my masterpiece of cupcakes for Easter dinner. I found a recipe for Lace Cake and transferred them into cupcakes. They had a filling of pineapple preserves, brown sugar, melted butter, and chopped walnuts... with a pineapple buttercream icing! DELICIOUS! I am adding that recipe to my rotation, as they were so yummy. I made them over sized and stuffed... the family couldn't get enough of them.

Mom and I headed over to my cousin Stacy's for Easter dinner. We had a feast: lasagna, ham, potato salad, macaroni salad, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, cauliflower bake, the list goes on and on. The highlight of the adventure was my cousin-in-law Wayne. After he had gastric-bypass a few years ago, his tolerance for alcohol is slim... hehehehehe.. he got very drunk! When he does, he gets very lovable toward his wife Stacy, and likes to put her into headlocks - in an attempt to hug her. He kept wandering around, and after nearly falling off of his chair and down the steps, he went down in the basement with the dogs. We all happened to look out the back kitchen, and he had wandered outside with the dogs, and decided to pee right in the middle of the back yard! LOL We nearly died we were laughing so hard, watching him from the kitchen. The dogs really didn't know what to do with that!

No comments: