Thursday, April 9, 2009

life tools

What a whirlwind of the last few days. I have to do emergency training today and tomorrow for a compliance issue, and I have to teach around making assumptions and being self-aware in the workplace. The people have no idea why they are going to be there, but I have 3 shifts of them. I'm going to sell it as a fun hour away from the office where they can learn some helpful tools to help them on their teams and in life. Hopefully that flies!

I am so happy for yoga tonight. I just love going there, as my body feels so much better afterwards. I'm noticing a lot of tightening in my muscles where there used to be a little bit of flab. Once I get back from Maine I am going to start a regular weekly yoga practice with class a few times a week. The environment for yoga is so much better in the classroom - as the room is warmed and it's set up for quiet meditation. I need this.

I'm working from the data center this morning as I attended the HR staff meeting. That is always interesting because only a few of them have something to say. The VP asked me to share what I was working on... I think I blew their minds. They just don't really get what we do, even though we are a sister department. It's really sad. But that just means more room to grow in a relationship with them.

No comments: