Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm making it rain, baby!

When Adam joined our cohort, I don't think he realized that he would get 16 older sisters. Yet, there we are, standing there, busting his balls. His quote of the weekend was "I'm making it rain, baby!" That's his way of saying that he's meeting lots of women on campus because the ration of men to women is slim. He gets to excited when we have a male professor, or in this case two male professors, because he needs some guy bonding time. The ladies and I just indulge him and laugh, but we keep telling him that we are going to shape him into an excellent husband one day.

Class this weekend was interesting. I discovered a lot of stuff about myself, which I think I knew, but it was good to put it in a context. My one professor, is a young, arrogant, ENTJ, and I had my usual reaction to him. I was attracted to him for his geeky intelligence, and I wanted to take his arrogance down a notch and put him into his place. He started being dismissive in conversation when he was teaching, which is the wrong thing to do in front of me, so I got into it with him over one point he was trying to make. I'm sorry, but no one dismisses me. I shared with Stephanie that I am falling into my typical pattern of being attracted to an ENTJ because I can be mentally stimulated, but the relationship usually turns combative and passionate because on many things we see equally but there is enough antagonism to drive me into bitch mode. My bullshit meter just starts alarming whenever he starts talking, which my initial reaction is to call him out on it. I think my father was this way, if I had to type him, and considering that he is a pathological liar, I can state that I am recreating the relationship I had with him in these men, and not letting them get away with any of their shit. It was funny, as I can tell that my cohort didn't know what to do with me, because I was terribly vocal this weekend answering and contributing to class. Its something that I am going to continue to play with and see what happens.

On a great note, I spent Saturday night relaxing in my hotel room. I brought in dinner, took a strawberry bubble bath, and watched movies laying in my pjs while eating chocolate. I don't think I could have planned it better if I tried.

Sunday I met one of my guys for dinner and we had a great time at a place in Columbia. He's my vegan, so I always get to try different things when I'm out with him. This was our 3rd date, and I don't know where to take this. I'm thinking its the friend zone, as all we have done is tentatively hugged hello and goodbye. He may just be very shy, but usually guys who are interested in me start with the sexual innuendo by now, and I haven't gotten any of that with him. Which can be refreshing, but his nervous jittery habits may be something on the nerves. I did test the waters a little, just to see what he would do. But he's very tentative. I came up behind him, bumped hips and poked him in the side with my finger, and he didn't shy away, but then again, he hasn't made any physical moves. I also found the Worst Case Scenario book while we were rambling around the bookstore, and by change fell on the "How to tell if your date is an axe murderer" page. I jokingly began to give him the test, and he didn't try to clarify that it wasn't a date. He paid for dinner, and mentioned that next time he's coming up to White Marsh to meet me.

In the meantime I've been talking to the one I had coffee with last Wednesday, and this one, this one I see going places. We have similar thoughts and I get high communication and interaction from him. We traded texts on and off all weekend, and I talked to him on the way home Sunday night when I was going to meet the other one for dinner. There's chemistry there, but I just hope there is more than just that. I like talking to him too, but I don't want this to be just a relationship about one thing. Although our conversations aren't just about sex, we do share a lot with each other, but like he said, he's ready to find his other half.

Stress. Oh fun. I came back into it this morning to work. Luckily I'm seeing my David this evening for a breathing session. I will need it.

No comments: