Sunday, November 29, 2009

New York was AWESOME!

Although I could hardly move for a day or so when I got home from all of the walking and going up and down stairs to the subway, NYC was AWESOME!

I finally made it to the castle, the one place in Central Park that I have been looking for what seems like the last few trips. I manage to find a local who actually knew where it was, and he directed me. I also got to see all of the balloons for the parade being blown up at Macy's Inflation Celebration. I never realized how large those balloons were until we were up and personal with them. I got some great pics.

The hotel we stayed in, The Hudson, was a place I'd happily stay again. It was right by the park and near a subway line at Columbus Circle. Everything is neon green on the bottom level, but then you go up the escalator into the lobby which was a rich dark mahogany color, with a beautiful chandelier. We ended up having to get two rooms, since they were too small to hold 4 people in them. However, the front desk lady was able to match my priceline price, which worked out well. My cousins were funny... they had never stayed at a 3 1/2 star plus hotel before, so they kept pointing stuff out and making comments. It was cute. The hotel also has an amazing courtyard that is only seasonally open, a library/bar, and an outside terrace/lounge. Pretty cool!

We got up early on Thanksgiving morning to get our spot for the parade, and the weather actually played along well with us - the temp was warm and sunny. We had an awesome front row spot, but then the officers decided to come by and make the block we were standing on handicapped only, so we had to move. The spot we had wasn't too bad, but no longer front row! We did some sightseeing the rest of the day, and then had dinner at Ellen's Stardust Diner. I had a blast as the waitstaff sings, so I was singing along with them! Pumpkin ravioli was my choice for dinner, and it was yummy.

Friday was spent doing more sightseeing and shopping, and then we finally caught the bus at 8pm to go back home. Saturday I spent all day in my pjs recovering on the sofa. My legs were killing me from all the walking, but it was worth it!

I spent today helping Mom put up the Christmas decorations, and tonight I'm meeting F for dinner - this will be our 4th date. I'm still unsure if I'm interested in him or not, but he seems to be the one that is hanging in there with me. I haven't been back to his place to get a sex-life complex, so that is probably why. I heard on and off from D the rest of the week, but he is just weird. He's off the list, and the list is starting fresh... although F is still on it! :)

Here are my pictures from NYC:

NYC Thanksgiving 2009

No comments: