Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Higher Self vs. The Ego

Who wins? In the great battle for sanity, many have written about the dual personalities that live within us. Its not as outstanding as lifetime tv writes the tale, but it is more personal as we learn to let the ego go and live by the guidance of our higher self. What does that mean exactly? It means that anytime you face turmoil or strife, or anytime you find yourself offended or in judgement of something, you are living by your ego. The ego, often written about as its own intelligent being, will fight you constantly in order to stay in tact. That sounds freaky, but its true. The ego will cause anxiety and fear because it believes that the false self that you have created by the ego is the only thing there is... it doesn't want to lose itself.

But the truth is that the higher self of each of us, or the authentic self, consisting of pure divine energy does exist at our core. It is through quieting the mind, the ego, that we allow it to be free. Making decisions and living life with the higher self as the guide brings a natural sense of peace and serenity that the ego is searching for externally. The higher self, often called our authentic self, is the person in me that I want guiding me. Therefore I am taking on the greatest battle of the century, I'm letting my ego go.

Living without fear and living with peace means letting my authentic self guide me in everything.

No comments: