Monday, December 28, 2009

Detox

Now I fully understand what I've been doing to my body all of these years.

Over the last weekend, pretty much since the snow, I've eaten nothing but junk. By that I mean processed foods, cream sauces, cookies, chocolates, pecan crusted toppings with sugar, and a variety of other things that just are not healthy. And I feel like crap. I mean, I'm functioning, but it is not in a good way. My body is trying to get all the junk out of it, and just release the toxins.

I'm back to eating fruit and drinking juice this morning, and on my water regime while I get it all out of me. I'm going out to dinner tonight, but I'm limiting my menu to what is healthy.

But anyway - I had an awesome Christmas. It started at Aunt Carolyn's on Christmas Eve before meeting up with RoseCarol and TJ to go to midnight mass. I got a new flipcam for Christmas, and I am so excited about it - its awesome and fun to use. We headed to my cousin Wendy's for dinner, and I got hit on by Jess's boyfriend's dad. He wants to take me ghost hunting, which I thought was kinda funny. And... I got drunk! hehe No, I wasn't snuggling up to him, but I think this is the first time my family saw my real personality come up. I was pretty much a talkative fool with a running, unfiltered commentary on everything. They were hysterical, laughing at me! hehe They never knew I was so funny. Duh!

We left there and headed to my other cousins, where I had more food, and then promptly got sick. I think it was a mixture of my 8 drinks, and then eating an Italian Cold Cut when I wasn't even hungry. I have never gotten sick before from drinking, so I'm hard pressed to say it was the food. But anyway, I felt better afterwards.

Saturday we went to visit my Aunt Kass and cousin Ben, whom I adore. We played games for over 5 hours and did some snuggling while watching Spongebob and eating cookies. I still don't know how a 4 year old manages to beat me at all the games. He always picks the cards worth the most money, and gets the most pairs with go-fish. He got a candy claw machine from his other grandmother for Christmas, so we spent time playing with that. He was good tho - he didn't want to eat any of the candy, he just put it back in the machine - the thrill for him was getting it out of the machine.

Sunday I did some shopping, and then Mom and I headed to Hampden to see the Miracle on 34th street. It was crazy, as usual, but a lot of fun. I have some great video of all of my adventures, but haven't uploaded it yet.

I'm back at the grind for the rest of the week, hoping it doesn't snow on NYE so I can go to Virgina. But we'll see!

No comments: