Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kundalini Yoga

My coworker gave me a few yoga video tapes because she was not going to use them anymore, and I spent last night doing an hour long Kundalini Yoga workout. It kicked my butt! Its a lot of fast repetitive movement that lasts for over 3 minutes each. Bending to the floor and touching the sky, up and down, up and down really builds up a sweat! I felt my energy awaken, which is a good thing.

This journey I am on, living in the moment and getting in touch with my internal experience has been amazing. I'm still asking my body what it needs, and as my head wanders in its infinite glory down avenues of thought, I just smirk at it and say, "there it goes again." I've learned to be open, and as I am re posturing my body to be open and not hunched, I can feel the pull in my lower back as my muscles get used to new alignment.

It feels good to be me.

No comments: