Thursday, April 15, 2010

Storybook Land

I loved the Enchanted Forrest when I was a child, which was located off of 40 West in Maryland. It was a play ground with some rides (if I recall correctly - I get confused with the one in PA sometimes) where you can climb on things that were characters from rhymes. For instance, the Old Woman in the Shoe was a slide, etc... I was looking for things to do in NJ with John, and I stumbled upon Storybook Land in Egg Harbor, which is very similar. Actually, the last one I've been to was in New Orleans before the hurricane when I was visiting Brian. They had one in their city park, and we walked through it while visiting the holiday light display. It just reminds me of a different time in my life, when everything was so full of magic. I think John's nieces would love it! Plus I get an excuse to go and ride the rides, as I'm the adult with them! hehe

I'm really excited about him coming down this weekend. I'm going to take him around to a few different places to visit, and I'm looking for a non-hot yoga class that fits into our time-table. We had the hot yoga experience on Saturday and it did not go over well... it was just WAY too hot. I think that was more of a Birkam style, which is intense. hehe

No comments: