Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Test

I think right now this is the one of the times when I'm reliving past things in order to learn and grow from them... one of my many tests while on Earth. I say this because every pet-peeve and button of mine is being pushed repeatedly by my boss. On Friday I almost wanted to walk in and proclaim that I quit. Just to see what she would do and teach her a lesson. But she's 63 years old, she doesn't see this as anything to learn.

I hate doing duplicate work, and having to print things over and over again because she wants to change the word aspire to inspire... then back again... or add a space - then take the space away because she likes it better the first time. WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH? Perfect does not exist. And I'm also tired of the unclear directions... "I would make it blue" is not the same as, "Make this blue." I'm supposed to read and not debate and know that it is what I'm supposed to do. Don't give you opinion, I learned that, just do what she says... let her figure out why you did it that way in the first place, that's the only way she'll get it.

I even got moved off the team because the work was finished and I am not supposed to help the technical team - yet they keep calling me back and handing me projects. I'm not supposed to be a shared resource, but apparently I'm shared on all three teams: behavioral, technical, and administrative. Why do I always get called in to consult? Figure it out yourself... that's how I learned. If I was so important, then give me another 60,000 a year!

No comments: