Monday, August 25, 2008

html overload

I thought I retired from this line of work, but apparently not so.

I finished it - the webpage stuff that I was complaining about on Friday. I actually finished around 1pm, and then moved on to the "nice to have" pieces. I didn't mentioned the "nice to have" pieces to anyone, as then they become "must haves", which just stresses me out.

I'm very proud of myself, as I learned how to jimmie-rig the system. He told me that I can only have one webpage with links on it to static documents in a Lotus Notes database (ie PDF, Word, Excel, etc.). He failed to mention then a Notepad created HTML document can be uploaded as a static document, and in essence, becomes another webpage. Making the experience much more user friendly for the user, so they aren't stuck with a random Word document that opens.

Now that my side is working well, the database side with the query is down. I don't have control over that piece, so I can only hope that they are working on it, thus why it's down. I have a call in about that... let's keep the fingers crossed!

I got my new bowling ball over the weekend, and had it drilled. It's beautiful! Purple and white swrilies, and it glows in the dark! I even got a pretty bag, so now I'm bowling in style - watch out!

Let the saga continue....

No comments: