Friday, August 15, 2008

looking forward to the weekend!

Sigh... the weekend is finally here. Coming back to work seems like the shortest, yet longest, week in history. I'm looking forward to getting together with some friends and hitting a few golf balls this weekend.

I've decided to take up golf. Not fully yet, I'm going to ease my way into it. I haven't been to the driving range in years, but it's something I enjoy doing... and something I know that will challenge me. And it's always fun to blow off steam by whacking a golf ball into oblivion!

We also decided to sign up for another season of bowling. This time I'm going to invest in my own ball, as I figured I can safely order a size that I can easily use. I started out using a 6lb ball (child size), but I've nicely grown into a 10, so I'll probably order that size and have it drilled to fit my hand. Now I have to pick out a style I want - so many pretty choices! hehe :) I'm open to suggestions if anyone would like to give their two cents on colors...

I read two chapters in my first homework book last night. I signed into the blackboard and saw all of my assignments:

For the first weekend of the class:

1. Read 10 chapters in 2 books.
2. Post my resume online.
3. Read about 6-7 articles online.
4. Write a 1 page article on what I think an upcoming challenge in my field that will need an OD intervention will be. With 22 copies for the class, and be prepared to do a 3-5 minute presentation on it the first day.
5. Design and post a tri-fold brochure of my consulting services currently, complete with a picture and contact information, due the Sunday of the first weekend.
6. Complete a survey on survey monkey.


Then for the second weekend of the class:

1. Read 10 more chapters in 2 books.
2. My first 3-5 page research paper is due.
3. Write a 1 page article on what I think will be an ethical dilemma for me, and be prepared to do a 3-5 minute presentation on the first day, complete with copies for everyone.
4. My final 8 page research paper is due by the end of the weekend.
5. I also have to complete one of the personality indicator surveys over the weekend to be turned in.


I've already posted my resume, and tried to do the survey - but I don't think they have a comment field set-up correctly, as it says that I'm entering invalid text. I think they have it set-up to only be numeric, not alphanumeric. I'm waiting to hear back about that... And I already have ideas for the brochure and my 1st 1-pager, I just have to write them.

Gotta get crackin'! :)

No comments: