Monday, August 11, 2008

my knickers are in a twist!

It's not even 2pm yet, and people already have my stress level elevated.

I had over 120 emails to review, and one really irked my nerves. It was from my boss' boss, which turfed a question to me that the lady who sent the email wasn't even asking. The lady wanted to know what the mandatory online modules are, not who to get to assign them to their employees in the system! READ PEOPLE!

Then I ran into some victims...

My patience is thin for self proclaimed victims. Nothing irks me more than someone singing "whoa is me" and hosting their own pity party. Please, do you know what I had to overcome to be who I am today? Shall we get into my parents bad marriage, my family living pay-check to pay-check most of my life, my mother's codependency, my blue-collar redneck neighborhood, and my family's lack of regard for advanced education or that there is life outside of Middle River and Dundalk? How about my crazy skin that burns from walking outside, my need to wear glasses or I'm blind, and shall we talk about my weight problem? How about that I'm missing teeth? Yeah, I wasn't born with all of them, and I'll never have them!

Yet here I am, singing "who are the people in my neighborhood" with glee, as I cheerfully skip from project to project, life lesson to life lesson, trying to make the best out of every situation.

Grow a pair and get over yourself people! Don't wait for someone else to come along and do it - be YOUR OWN MAGIC WAND!

No comments: