Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Toxic Work Environment...

I did two focus groups yesterday afternoon and I swear the poison would have gotten me if I wasn't on guard. These people are TOXIC. They wouldn't know a silver lining if it tap-danced on their head.

I really don't understand that attitude. I finally had to stop them at the end and say, "Look, the first step of making anything better is taking a look at ourselves. The question to ask is 'what am I doing to contribute to this?' Things don't go bad on their own, and it's every one's fault. I would suggest answering that question and seeing how you can change your perception to help the rest of the department to change."

They really didn't know what to say after that.

Anyway... I'll be calling the AVP and having a long talk about their leadership... apparently that sucks too. LOL

I can't wait for this weekend, I'm just hoping that it's not going to pour! We need this fundraiser at my church, so I'm praying that it will work out! Plus, I get to hear some great music! WOOO HOOO! :)

No comments: