Thursday, June 25, 2009

what is it?

I have my appointment with my therapist tonight and I'm going to talk to her about if I'm doing the right thing. I really got energized this weekend with my classmates about how I want to change my life, as they are all going through something similar to what I am going through. (Interesting side note that very similar people were all drawn to this same program.)

So, most of my conversation in my head is about how I want to change myself, what that would look like, and dreaming about my vacation. Is that what I should be doing? I've never known I had mild depression before or anxiety, and I'm not sure what I should be focusing on to fix it. I have a lot of energy and happiness around changing myself, which in definition means I'm not depressed, and I haven't had any anxiety attacks. Am I fixed? Because I've been told that the medication doesn't work that fast... I've only been taking it for a week and 1/2, and it needs about 30 days. Plus I'm on a really low dose. So if it's not the meds, I'm feeling better on my own, then all of this was just an outrageous over-reaction to feeling intense emotion. And my over-reaction was what brought on more anxiety, because that isn't like me to over-react. I really thought I was going crazy. Hopefully my therapist can shed some light on the subject.

On another note, I'm starting a yoga class this evening. I cannot wait! My body feels so good after yoga...

No comments: