Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Great News!

So I had a fun phone call on the way home from work yesterday up 95 - I get to book my trip to Austin! Yay! I'm excited about seeing a new city, meeting Sam's family, and spending his birthday with him - I can't wait! It's going to a blast! Which means that I have two really cool vacations that week. The first on the cruise with my Mom, and then the rest of the week in Austin - I can't wait!

I did have some sad news this morning. It seems now that I think about it everyone is going through a transition... I guess it's all the people that are on my 3-year cycle. This is our new cycle beginning which means unrest for a bit until we figure it out. Anyway, the sad news.... James, the other only guy in my class, actually is leaving the cohort. He stuck it out for 5 classes, but the work and life balance are pulling him too far apart, so he's going to leave the cohort. He was such a wise and grounded force in our group, so I'm sad to see him go. But I wish him the best in the future!

This upcoming weekend is the Middle River Music Festival held at my church. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night - which I'm volunteering both Saturday and Sunday. Friday I'm going to sit, relax, and just enjoy! The Crawdaddies are playing Friday, which are really good, so I'm looking forward to that. I haven't heard the two bands for Saturday and Sunday, but I think they are on the same level. I've been praying that its not going to rain! Yay!

No comments: