Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sometimes I Do Stupid Shit

I knew in the back of my head this was coming, yet I couldn't stop myself. I've been eating healthy for months now, and then I blew it over the last two weeks in the holidays, and I suffered for it this morning. After indulging in dinner last night, eating things I really shouldn't have, then having some of my mom's cookies, I woke up early this morning with indigestion and a mild gallbladder attack. I haven't had these problems since the Spring when I changed my diet, and it came back to slam me between the eyes - or in this case in the middle of my chest.

The pain passed, and I went back to bed, sleeping in this morning before heading off to work. I just don't understand why I do that. I knew I was going to suffer for it, yet I can't help but put it up to my mouth. Why can't I walk away? Why can't I say no? I'm not even that hungry, but I crave the taste of it sometimes.

Anyway, I'm on a new mission. J and I have decided that we are going to get into better shape, and we are going to train to run a 5K. I don't know when, but I'm starting now. I'm a new woman, and I'm not going to let this stop me anymore. My body wants to run now, but logically I don't want my body to run because its too heavy and I can do damage to my knees and legs. So I'm just going to continue to work off the pounds until I am at a safer weight to run.

I get to go to David's tonight to breathe... I can't wait. There's just so much to catch him up on! :)

No comments: