Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dancing the night away...

Wow! It's been a very long time since I've been out dancing and I had a blast tonight. I used to go country line dancing every Sunday night during college, but the group grew out of it as Nashville's closed, and then Little Texas became even more shady.

I went to a crab feast at my church tonight, which had very heavy and large steamed crabs, plus a whole buffet of other food. But, I was too busy dancing to really pay much attention to any of it. I did enjoy the crabs though - very delicious!

My dancing partner in crime was my cousin TJ, but if he isn't able to make the functions, I normally pull my priest out on the dance floor with me. But, since TJ was there tonight, I didn't let him rest. I taught him how to schotish, el paso, and swing... plus we did a lot of the oldie but goodie line dances. And it's always fun to just shake your booty to the music when we didn't know a formal dance to it.

Remarkably I got a lot of compliments as I was walking out with a bunch of people, on my dancing. Sometimes it's just a great feeling to be so carefree!

Anyone wanna dance with me?

No comments: