Wednesday, September 17, 2008

One day, I will have a door.

I have to hope, and keep true to the belief that all of this means something, and it's not "all for nothing."

Aspirations, drive, and goals in life are what keep me sane. My newest aspiration, based on a conversation I had earlier today with my friend David, is that after we both graduate, we'll go into private business together. I worked for David back in my elearning days, and we made an amazing team. He's still with the company, but he's also getting a holistic certification in breathing.

Breathing is actually more then a simple act, and through the breath, so much can be found. I don't know all of the details, but through deep breathing and simple meditation, many insights reveal themselves. My piece of that puzzle is that my grad degree can be used in various ways. Namely coaching through work-related/life decisions and helping to facilitate the process of a change - work or personal. Together, we can help an individual self-actualize and learn how to use their best "self" and make that leap to wherever they want to go.

It's an interesting thought... but maybe in 2 years we'll both be ready for it.

So I have lots of 2 year plans to aspire to:
1. Buying a house
2. An external consulting business on the side
3. And the hope, that one day, I'll have a door, and no longer live in a cube. (That would meet my need for having the ability to take cat naps at work!)

No comments: