Saturday, September 13, 2008

Libations Seminar

Or, in other words - a liquid involved debrief! Christine, who spent 20 years in the Army before going into consulting, was the first to use the term "libations seminar" during our morning check-in with the group. I love the term, and will be using it to describe my other drinks with the group! hehe

Today was horrid. I really can't even explain it, but there was a whole bunch of processing of the process, lots of instructions with no clear deliverable, and people playing the game of "telephone" when sharing information. We had our 2 hour "community" time after our full day of class, and it was clear that none of us were happy. But we will be working on addressing the issues tomorrow... thank God.

I'm packed up for the morning when I check out, but I have another full day of class before driving back up to Baltimore. It's been a long 5 days. I don't think it's going to be as bad when I'm just here for the weekend, but a full week is just too much. There are so many data points, and we can't process them.

My hotel-mates and I walked down the long hill to Georgetown tonight to have dinner at a great Asian inspired restaurant on M street. LOVED IT! They have various themes, but the tables downstairs were amazing. The music was really loud, but I loved the atmosphere of the place... but alas, I did not get up with the belly dancer and show off my stuff. We had to wait over an hour for our dinner, but it was really good.

I'm kinda blanking... as I have to get up extra early, finish getting my stuff together, check out, and get us over to school in time for class to start at 8:30am. But I can do it!

No comments: