Monday, September 1, 2008

clearing it all out...

What a great weekend! I went out with a new friend on Saturday night, and we had a good time seeing Tropic Thunder. I'm looking forward to more outings with him, as he's a pretty interesting guy.

It's funny, I had some long distance coaching on bowling from someone on okcupid. He was outraged by my bowling drama story, and we got to talking about bowling, and I found out that he gives lessons in Canada almost every day. He gave me some great pointers, so I'm looking forward to trying them out next Monday. He even pointed me in a direction of an online video that was really helpful. We'll see how it goes!

I checked my weight at the gym on Saturday, and I actually weigh what I was before going on the cruise. So that means I'm down 19lbs from my start in late April. We'll see how I do tomorrow when I get officially weighed-in. I saw an expose on chocolate syrup on the Food Network, which prompted me to have some with vanilla ice cream this evening.

I'm cleaning out my life, and am I'm starting with my room. I got some inspiration from a friend who is in the process of buying a condo. He's in worse shape than I am, but I really don't need some of the left overs from grade school clogging me down. I share the house with my mom, and all of my stuff is confined to my room, which is just over cluttered. I don't know what it is about me, but people like to buy me stuffed animals as gifts, so they all went. I kept OC, Ben, and the Koala Bear, but everything else went. I still have my piggy bank collection... but almost all of my flip-flops, old work-out clothes, books, and a few other odds and ends got either donated or tossed. I still have more shoes to go through, a few cabinets, and dressers to go through. I don't even go into those things on a daily basis... hell, I can't tell you when the last time I was in one dresser. I've also ordered new wooden blinds and a new bed spread. I have to be non-sentimental.... my mom likes to pull the "awwww... so and so gave you that, don't you want it?"

I was looking at my high matches on okcupid this evening, and I came to a startling conclusion: 80% of those men I'm matched with wouldn't be interested in me. That's not me being insecure, or in need of an ego boost, that's just reality. I need to find a way to weed out the 20% that would actually be interested in me. Even though I'm highly matched with a lot of them, I think they are looking for someone else physically appealing to them, and I don't fit the bill. It'll be interesting to see my response rate as my physical appearance changes. My criteria for this is that I've seen a lot of those same guys show up in my list time and time again, and they haven't even looked at my profile. (And before I get the third degree about being a woman of the 2000s and contacting them myself, I already do - why do you think I'm talking to a few of them now? If I had left it up to them, it wouldn't have happened.)

No comments: