Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Playing nurse today

The Duck trip was everything I thought it would be, but the driver got to be very annoying after the first 15 minutes. He was too corny, even for me. But it was a beautiful day in Baltimore, slightly windy, which lead me to have wind-burn on my face the next day. But a nice pink color to the face never hurt anyone! Oh, and if anyone wants a good meal - Baked Gnocchi with Alfredo from Sabitino's in Little Italy - HEAVENLY! Fortunately we didn't see the dead body that they found floating in the water the next morning - oh JOY! That would have put a spin on the boating part.

I got to go to Harbor East last night and celebrate my coworker Lori's graduation from Hopkins. She hosted a party at Taco Fiesta, which is owned by a friend of hers. Very yummy food, and I had a corona with lime... I decided at the last minute to change from the margarita plan. I found parking a block away on the street, and the spot was nice and big - so I didn't have a problem parking. I don't know what it is, but when other people are in the car with me I can't park worth crap. But when I'm by myself I do just fine.

Today I'm playing nurse. Well, actually I'm following a nurse and physical therapist around as they visit patients in the home. I'm observing the process of using the laptop in the home with the patient, and seeing how that works. A lot of home care nurses have been against this change (they think it takes away from patient care) but there are a few all-stars who have accepted it easily. I'm nervous about going into sick-people homes, but it should be an educational experience. We'll see...

No comments: