Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weight Loss!

I weighed in last night at the gym, and to my surprise, the anxious week I had had a startling response to my waist line! I've lost 9lbs! Most of it was water weight, and I was PMSing, so I think that had a lot to do with my mood too.

I've been talking with my friend from school about the concept of living fearlessly. That's really scary and exciting at the same time. I don't like to give up control, and for some reason being faced with 30 and realizing that I'm single has been really scary for me. I'm not a child anymore, or a young woman, I'm a woman-woman. The dreams I had about being married by now didn't happen, so I'm trying to get a new plan. Well, I already have a new plan: graduation, getting a puppy, buying a house, and having children. And travel - lots and lots of travel!

I was never a woman who thought that she needed a man or husband to complete her. And I'm still not that woman. But I want to have deep and intimate relationships in my life where I can be my authentic self. Friendships are those relationships. Feeling like I have a support system around me who loves me no matter what. I need to get involved in my friend's lives again, as I feel like I'm disconnected from them.

No comments: