Friday, May 1, 2009

Swine Flu...

So I'm upset that my favorite little piggies are the culprit behind this outbreak that's affecting so many lives. Although real pigs are very dirty, but my piggie bank collection is still cute. I've been extra careful not to touch anyone and use extra germ hand solution, but hopefully they will have this under control quickly.

My birthday was a wonderful event - I had so many birthday wishes from everyone, so thank you to everyone who sent them! The cupcakes from Cake Love were amazing... with them it's not so much the cake as the icing. It has so much butter in it that you have to let it sit on the counter for 15mins to begin to melt to get the full gooey flavor of the icing.

Today my coworkers had a cake for me at the staff meeting, so I'm all sugared up and giggling! It's amazing how much sugar has an affect on me, as I don't eat it that often. When I do; one would think I'm almost drunk.

I have a paper to write for my class in Bethel, which I haven't started. I've been noodling it, but nothing has landed on paper yet. I have another week to work on it, which I start today and finish next week. I'm also working on my scarf from the yarn that I got in Bethel at the Alpaca farm. I'm crocheting a cluster stitch, which is beautiful, fluffy and soft with the yarn. I also bought more yarn, as I'm making my friend Sam another scarf. This time it's star trek, and I was fortunate enough to find a pattern for the spaceship and the insignia on ravelry. Yay! I'm thinking I will have it completed in time for his birthday... or at least the fall! hehe :)

I'm looking forward to getting plastered tomorrow night for my birthday. Rock on 30!!!

No comments: