Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunny weather

I didn't have to build the ark after all, as the sun finally came out this weekend - Little Orphan Annie was right! Breaking into song on a blog is just not the same thing as singing out loud.

I took my mom flower shopping for Mother's Day, and after paying a whole lot for very little at Home Depot, we found a nursery on Vincent Farm Road that is a wholesaler. They sell to larger retailers, but also have an open hot-house for personal sales. We got a heck of a lot flowers for cheap! However, I am even more convinced that I have mild allergy to some of them, as the sneezing started soon after on the car ride home. Even sitting on the deck surrounded by them (they haven't been planted yet) was itching my nose. Interesting how the body changes as we get older. But maybe this is why I also seemed to have a spring cold - it was allergies!

I finished my paper and sent it off on Friday, and now I've been a reading maven! I've read 1 book, 3 articles, 1 intro, and an entire chapter in another book this weekend. I have 1 article to summarize and share with my cohort, and then about 11 other articles to read, and one more chapter. I'm feel more secure about getting the work done than I did last week when I was stressing after seeing the syllabus.

On even more fun news, my friend is back in town! WOOO HOO! And I'll get to see him sometime this weekend. We get to act like people who haven't seen each other in two months, and there's rumor that he has a birthday present for me. Although he won't give me hints... I like hints. Oh well! Yay!

No comments: