Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back to the Gym

So after a long break for the last month or so, I've finally made it back to the gym last night. Yay! I got in 30mins of cardio while reading my assignment for class, and then did some deep stretching. I've missed the gym. I always feel so good when I leave.

Tonight is my last session with my therapist. Yay! Actually, its just been a formality now for the last 5 months or so, as I've been doing really well. She's a nice lady, and I enjoy talking to her, but I really don't have any issues right now to work through.

I'm also stopping my medicine next month! Yay! That reminds me that I need to make an appointment with my doctor so we can begin the withdrawl application of the meds. I think I'm supposed to go to every other day, or drop the dosage down to 10 opposed to 20... but she'll decide that. I feel ready to come off of it, and I can always go back on if I need it. But I really don't need it. I feel like I'm back in control of me, and I have since I started taking it - so that's the placebo effect for you.

I've been looking at houses again. There's a few that I want to buy, but I want to wait until I'm finished school... so next year this time, I'll be a home owner! yay! I just want to own a place of my own, where I can have my own rules, own style, and live as I want. I still feel like I have to check in with my mom now, since I live there. Although I live financially independent of her, I do it out of respect. It caught me as funny when I was over John's parents house this past weekend. His youngest brother, Eric, was going out to a friend's. Eric is in his early 20s. And John's parents looked at each other and said something like, "Is he coming home tonight?" and the other said, "I don't know, we'll see if he's here in the morning." And they were totally cool about it. I couldn't help but think about my mother... that would never fly. I would have to tell her where I'm going, what time I'll be home, call her when I get there if its out of the state, let her know what time I'll be home, pack a bag, make sure I have everything I possibly need in the bag, etc. etc. etc. I would also have to tell her what clothes I'm taking, because she feels the need to iron everything - God forbid if I show up somewhere without my clothes ironed. I need to move out! hehe

No comments: