Monday, March 15, 2010

Busy as a Bee

I wonder where that expression comes from? I guess because Bees put their mind down to their job, especially worker bees, and that's all they do. I have been so busy at work lately that I haven't had a chance to really blog.

I started my work day at 7am. Yes, world, I am usually just waking up around that time and am not normally functioning until 9am, but I made an exception for this. I've learned that if people just leave me alone and stop asking questions I can get a lot done. I had all gazillion changes completed by 8:30am, so the 9am printer deadline. Yet my boss came in and changed a few things. Things were more for looks then for content. That is a pet peeve of mine. Tomato vs To-MATO... as long as the content is there, people get the gist, then you don't have to spend 10 hours lining up spacing. I don't have patience for that level of detail, and I really don't think the senior leaders will notice it. They want the executive version anyway - not the line-by-line version.

Anyway... I had a fun weekend with Johnny. I really love that man. He's a sweetheart, and so caring. A real soft-soul. We went to a St. Patrick's party at my church and had a blast. I was shocked, he was able to get on the dance floor and hold his own with me - even in lining dancing, although he didn't know the steps - it was cute. At one point he just started spinning. hehehe.. :) However, he was sick for most of the weekend, so I just pampered him with movies, chicken noodle soup, and cuddles. When he was getting ready to leave, he thanked me for taking care of him so well, and told me that he will take care of me when I'm sick... then grabbed my hand, put it on his heart, and said, "You know it belongs to you, right?" So SWEET! hehe :)

I want to go home and take a nap. I finished all of my work for the day, now I just need to hang around until 3:30pm for when the stuff comes back from the printers in order to stuff binders. Oh fun! :)

No comments: