Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meditation

I started reading the loving-kindness book again, as I find it so very insightful. For some reason, and maybe its because my unconscious body has been working through so much when I do my breathing with David, I just want to go find a rock by the river, sit and meditate. The breeze in my hair, the sun on my face, and just enjoy the calming effects of the deep breathing and meditation.

I get to do some tonight during yoga. I love yoga. I need to find a slightly more intense class, as when I do the practice on my own, following a video on Exercise TV, my body really feels the benefits. Especially when I break a sweat moving through the poses. I found a 50 minute video that had me doing 3 different sun salutation variations quickly that had me up and down off the floor quickly. My biceps have been achy from holding myself in plank pose for some of them. That's the kind of workout I like. I wish I would have an aerobic effect while doing that - as that is how weight is lost.

I've set a new intention and have completed a circle of intention with it too. I want to lose 40 more lbs by November. I've been using the practice of positive intention and holding my hope out to the universe to give me the strength to do it. Its a matter of breaking habits and patterns, which are only good for me to break. Time does heal.

No comments: