Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Purple Practicum Prettiness

I have a fascination with school/office supplies. I like them, and the prettier they are the better. Actually, that was always the best part of getting ready to go to school - the supplies. On one level I like to be organized, it gives me the illusion of control, but on another, my organization only lasts as long as I maintain interest in it. I'm challenging myself to use the organization and stretch my awareness for 7 months.

I stopped at Office Depot after work yesterday to stock up on organization to get ready for my practicum. They didn't have 2inch pink binders, so I went for a purple theme. I have a shiny new collection of purple things: binder, pencil case, binder clips, paper clips, pens, table of contents dividers, and a binder calendar. WOW! I am even putting together a bag to carry it around in, so I can stay organized and prepare all the time.

I am ahead of the curve, as yesterday I started my project timeline and wrote my PA Contract. I even have my letter and my learning goals completed, and already started client conversation for contracting! yay! :) I'm using Google Docs for the first time to share some of the documents that I'm writing so they can be edited by my PA. We'll see how that goes. Her father is in the hospital this morning so she wasn't able to review it yet - my thoughts and prayers are with her.

I also am now connected to Buzz on google, so all of my blog posts get automatically posted onto Buzz. Not sure if I like it or not, but I stopped posting my stuff to facebook because too many people were friends of mine on the facebook account - some people that I didn't want to read my blog. Yay! :)

So today I am going to kill some trees as I print all of the guidelines documents, and syllabus (23 pages of syllabus) for this project. Plus I'm going to start printing information about my client and looking for any information about them. Another day of freedom at work! :)

No comments: